Series: Off-Campus, #1
Published on February 24, 2015 Genres: New Adult, Romance
Ok, I rarely write reviews on books that I enjoyed reading, not because I want to, but because I’m too f**king busy. But, I just can’t stop myself from wanting to spread the word about an amazing New Adult book I read weeks ago… yes, weeks ago, but I just can’t stop thinking about it. It is THAT good. It’s so good that I gifted it to my friends. Who in return sent me texts and PMs on Facebook that went something like this:
Friend: I finished The Deal.
Me: Wasn’t it the best?
Friend: I want Garrett.
Me: Me too!!!! He’s so great. Love him!
Friend: No, I really want him. In my bed, in my life, he’s my soulmate.
Me: I know, I totally understand.
Friend: No I really don’t think you are understanding… I NEED HIM. I’m not ready to say good bye. I need more.
Me: Well, there’s a book 2, but I hear it’s about Logan.
Friend: I’m re-reading. TTYL.
Then, I made my friend, Michelle read the book, just because I needed to see her graphics. Michelle is known on Goodreads and Facebook for her casting of characters and graphics,and well, I needed to know hers—because, she’s that good at casting-it’s like she captured my ideal Garrett and found him and made this graphic a reality that I get to look at all day long. So take a look at Michelle New’s casting… it’s PERFECT! Now, if that’s not Garrett, I’m not sure who is… hello abs, meet my tongue, lick!
OK, so if you haven’t read the deal, you need to stop what you’re reading and begin it. It is pure perfection. Where do I even begin? Well, there is SO much I love about this book, I’m going to highlight my favorites, and if that doesn’t convince you to one-click this book, take another peek at the pictures above…*drool*
1. The banter. Holy hell the banter between these characters is pure freaking gold. I was smiling throughout every chapter. Hannah and Garrett’s conversations from the get-go made me fall in love with them as characters. (And there’s a Princess Bride reference. Need I say anymore?) Seriously, I’m rereading just to get more banter.
2. Hannah- what a refreshing heroine! She is broken, but she is strong! She is not one to wallow in her past, but she moves on… and I love her for it! She’s realistic, charming, smart, and funny. A story only is better with a strong female lead, and Hannah is fabulous! I want her to be my friend…kinda, because I love her with Garrett…but I want Garrett, too.
3. Garrett- say hello to my new top NA book boyfriend. Move over Will, move over Josh Bennett… meet Garrett Graham. If you ever read a book by the fabulous Colleen Hoover or Abbi Glines and fell in love with one or all of their leading men, you will LOVE Garrett. He is perfectly flawed, real, tough, likeable and humorous. He’s perfectly broken and headstrong, charming and flirty, and I want him. Bad. He is who I want my boys to grow up to be… for reals. He has heart. He has my heart. He will have your heart.
4. The story is woven perfectly…I didn’t want to stop reading. I kept weeping looking at the percent on my kindle get higher and higher, and then I savor the words even more. This book is refreshing and smart. It made me laugh out loud and cry. I wanted to magically crawl into this world and live these words! The secondary characters are friends I want to have…who support and guide Hannah and Garrett in difficult situations in hopes of helping these two amazing characters find happiness! *sigh*
5. The Kiss— perfection. Goosebumps and all!
6. There’s more to come. While I LOVED this book, a top read for me easily for 2015, if not a top five book of all time, I find comfort in nourishing my book hangover with the thought of more in this series to come.
So while I wait for Logan’s book, I am stalking Elle Kennedy online, trying to make her my new BFF, in hopes of getting crumbs of what’s to come! I need more… now! If you want to chit chat about the awesomeness of this book, let me know, meanwhile, I’ll be rereading. Again!
Here’s links to buy, and I urge you to BUY THIS BOOK. Read below for the blurb to find out more about this amazing book!
About The Deal, Off-Campus book 1
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy…
Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.
…and it’s going to be oh so good.
All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.
I’m off to one-click every book written by Elle Kennedy! One Click this baby, best money I spent this year!