After the VERY successful 31 Days of Gift Card Giveaways at New Adult Addiction we’ve decided to have another giveaway promo for the countdown to Valentine’s Day.
This promo op is only for romance authors.
Please read all the rules for participation before entering.
(1) We have THIRTEEN spots open in the ROMANCE GENRE beginning on February 1st and ending on February 13th. On February 14th we will have a jackpot giveaway that I will sponsor and will include links to all your posts. Each author chosen will be featured on the blog with a Rafflecopter giveaway made by me and structured in a way that I guarantee will build your social media presence.
(2) ONLY ROMANCE GENRES for this promo, but all romance genres are invited to apply.
(3) You provide me with the stuff I need to make a post
(4) You provide the prize. A $10 gift card is mandatory, but you can do a higher amount. PLUS you must offer an additional prize such as a signed paperback, swag packs, etc. You can choose to offer whatever you want.
(5) YOU are responsible for delivering your prize, excluding your gift card. Your gift card money is sent directly to me to hold your promo spot and I will send your winner their card money. I will email you your winner (chosen randomly by Rafflecopter) and you deliver your extra prize in a timely manner. Any author who does not deliver their prize will be banned from any more promos and shamed publically. (Just kidding, but it’s fucked up to not send prizes) 😉
(6) Sign-ups start today and end on January 20th.
(7) Participants will be notified on January 22nd.
(8) The first promotion begins on February 1 and the last one begins on February 13th. All Giveaways will run for two and a half weeks from the day you are first promoted. (We added more time for this one so everyone can be featured on Valentine’s Day.)
(9) You MUST have your books on at least TWO distribution websites. NO KU BOOKS ALLOWED IN THE PROMO.
(10) NO PERMAFREE books accepted.
When we choose authors to promo we typically look at how many books they have, what their current ranking is on Amazon, their reviews, their cover, and mostly we ask ourselves – Can we HELP this author. i.e. – is this author a good fit for our promo. Not everyone is ready for prime time, if you know what I mean.
If you are accepted you will be sent an invoice for your prize money. No payment required at this time.
I don’t care who you are, what romance genre you write, if you’re indie or traditional. You are welcome to apply. All books will be chosen by me, my co-blogger Kristi, and my assistant, Jana. All decisions are final. This is a huge amount of work for me but I want to help new authors but in exchange I expect something from participants. In order to make sure that everyone who applies is serious I need a full media package from you. If you have no idea what this means, I have an example for you below. If you do not give me all the required information I will delete your entry.
There is no minimum requirement, but I’m looking for indie authors who are ready to explode and just need a little push. I’m also looking for traditional authors who might have a great book that didn’t get the sales numbers they wanted from their publishing contract marketing plan.
If you have a new release you’d like to promote, great. But we won’t take those in this promo unless you have other books in your back list we can look at. I might make an exception if you are traditionally published and it’s a book I’d read myself.
I’m not guaranteeing you sales, I’m guaranteeing you eyeballs. We had more than 50,000 blog views in December for the 31 days of Gift Card giveaways promo with an average of 1200 views each day. Most posts got about 100 comments, some significantly more. The more YOU promote the better your promo does and the more interaction you have. Each post was featured on my personal Facebook page, my fan group with 8000 members, and my author page with almost 40,000 likes.
EXAMPLE OF A MEDIA KIT:
In order to make my life easier when I post, I need a media kit from you when you apply. If you’ve never sent a media kit to a PR person for a blitz or a tour, then here is what one looks like (it will download to your computer). You include an excerpt of the book you want to promote, teasers, and the important info. If you have a new release you’d like to promote, you can change your book once you’ve been selected. But the book you submit is the one I will use to determine if you get a spot.
THANK YOU and I look forward to working with you soon!